Thai Beef Salad
- Total Time
The mixed of sweet and savory flavors make this dish perfect for entertaining!
uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef¾ pound(s), boneless, 1 inch thick, trimmed
garlic clove(s)2 clove(s), large, minced
low sodium soy sauce4 Tbsp
fresh lime juice2 Tbsp
fish sauce1 Tbsp, Asian style (nam pla)
romaine lettuce10 oz, bag red cabbage, and carrot blend
cucumber(s)1 medium, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
mango(es)1 large, pitted, peeled, and cut into thin strips
fresh radish(es)6 medium, thinly sliced
mint leaves½ cup(s), fresh
cilantro½ cup(s), fresh
unsalted dry roasted peanuts¼ cup(s), chopped
- Place the steak in a zip-close plastic bag. Add the garlic and 3 tablespoons of the soy sauce. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, the lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar in a bowl; set aside.
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; preheat the grill to high or prepare a hot fire.
- Place the steak on the grill rack. Grill, covered, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the side of the steak registers 145°F for medium, about 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board; let stand about 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain. Toss together the salad blend, cucumber, mango, radishes, mint, and cilantro in a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing; toss to coat. Transfer the salad to a platter; top with the steak and sprinkle with the peanuts. Yields about 3 slices steak and 2 1/2 cups salad per serving.