Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
- Total Time
These sesame-teriyaki burgers are super flavorful — even more so when topped with grilled scallions.
uncooked 93% lean ground turkey1 ¼ pound(s)
ginger root1 Tbsp, fresh, finely chopped
minced garlic1 Tbsp
sesame oil1 tsp
teriyaki sauce¼ cup(s)
uncooked scallion(s)¼ cup(s), chopped
cilantro2 Tbsp, fresh, finely chopped
egg white(s)1 large
cooking spray2 spray(s)
uncooked scallion(s)8 medium, root ends trimmed
reduced calorie hamburger roll(s)4 item(s)
- Preheat a grill (or grill pan) to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, ginger, garlic, oil, teriyaki sauce, scallions, cilantro and egg white; mix until just combined. Make four burgers, about 3/4-inch-thick each.
- Offheat, coat both sides of burgers with cooking spray.
- Grill burgers, flipping once, until fully cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. A few minutes before burgers are done, place whole scallions on center of grill and cook, turning once, until bright green and charred, about 2 minutes.
- Remove burgers and scallions to a plate; lightly toast rolls on grill. Serve each burger on a roll topped with 2 scallions. Yields 1 burger per serving.