Teriyaki-Marinated Tofu and Vegetable Kebabs
- Total Time
extra firm tofu14 oz, (1 package), drained
uncooked zucchini2 medium, each cut into 12 (1/2-inch) slices
uncooked bell pepper(s)1 item(s), medium, red, cut into 1-inch pieces
uncooked red onion(s)1 medium, quartered and separated into 16 layers
teriyaki sauce¼ cup(s)
black pepper⅛ tsp
cooking spray1 spray(s)
- LIne broiler pan with foil and spray broiler rack with nonstick spray.
- Gently press tofu between several layers of paper towels to remove excess water. Cut into 24 (1-inch) cubes.
- Thread tofu alternately with zucchini, bell pepper, and onion onto 8 (10- to 12-inch) metal skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water at least 20 minutes to prevent charring.
- Place skewers on baking sheet. Brush on all sides with some of teriyaki sauce. Let stand about 30 minutes, turning and brushing with sauce once or twice more.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler to high.
- Transfer kebabs to prepared broiler rack. Broil about 4 inches from heat, turning several times, until vegetables have started to soften and tofu is browned, about 12 minutes. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Per serving: 2 kebabs