This recipe has a bright, citrusy flavor with an underlying hint of heat. Serve over rice with fresh diced pineapple or mango.*
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 Tbsp jalapeño pepper(s), minced (don't touch seeds with bare hands)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder, chipotle-variety
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 3/4 fl oz tequila
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped, divided
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste (plus some for garnish)
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, jumbo-size, shelled and deveined (or leave tails on for a nicer presentation)
In a small bowl, combine lime juice, jalapeno, chili powder, sugar, tequila and 2 tablespoon of cilantro; set aside.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and salt; cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add shrimp; sauté, until shrimp turn pink, about 4 minutes. Remove shrimp to a serving plate and cover to keep warm.
Add lime juice mixture to same skillet and place over high heat. Cook until alcohol burns off, stirring and scrapping sides of pan, about 2 minutes; pour over shrimp and garnish with remaining cilantro and more sea salt, if desired. Yields about 3 ounces of shrimp per serving.
- *Could affect SmartPoints value.