Tandoori chicken skewers with roasted vegetables
Plain fat free yogurt
2 tsp, grated, peeled
2 medium clove(s), crushed through press
uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
20 oz, 4 (5-ounce thighs), cut 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 large, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 1/2 pound)
1 head(s), medium, cut into 12 wedges (about 1 1/2 pounds)
uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, cut into wedges
4 Tbsp, chopped fresh
½ item(s), cut into wedges
- 1 Combine yogurt, ginger, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, the cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the cayenne in large zip-close plastic bag. Add chicken, squeeze out air, and seal bag; and turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 5 hours.
- 2 Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray large rimmed sheet pan with nonstick spray. Stir together oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, the mustard seeds, nigella seeds, if using, remaining 3/4 teaspoon turmeric, the pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Add zucchini, cauliflower, and onion and toss to coat. Spread into prepared pan and roast 10 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken onto 4 (12-inch) metal skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water 20 minutes prior to use to prevent charring).
- 4 Remove pan from oven and place skewers on top of vegetables. Roast 10 minutes. Turn skewers and stir vegetables. Return to oven and continue roasting until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes longer.
- 5 Divide vegetables and skewers evenly among 4 plates; sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lemon wedges.
- Serving size: 1 skewer and 1 cup vegetables