Tandoori Carrots with Carrot Puree and Orange Yogurt
3 pound(s), peeled, divided (regular or rainbow variety)
fat free vegetable broth
1 cup(s), high quality store-bought (or water)
1½ tsp, divided (or to taste)
plain lowfat Greek yogurt
1 cup(s), 2%, divided
4 medium clove(s), minced
½ tsp, freshly ground
crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp, finely grated
fresh orange juice
¼ cup(s), and/or mint leaves coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop ½ lb carrots; place in a medium pot with broth and 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer mixture to a food processor or blender; puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt (optional); set aside.
- Meanwhile, halve remaining carrots lengthwise; set aside. Place 1/2 c yogurt in a large bowl with 1 tsp salt, garlic, ginger, curry powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes and cloves; whisk well to combine. Add reserved raw carrots to bowl; stir well to coat with yogurt mixture.
- Place yogurt-coated carrots on prepared pan in a single layer; roast carrots, stirring halfway through cooking, until lightly browned and tender when pierced with a paring knife, about 25-30 minutes.
- Just before serving, whisk orange zest and juice into remaining 1/2 c yogurt; season to taste with salt (optional).
- To serve, place carrot puree on a large serving platter; use a spoon to smear it evenly around center of platter. Top with roasted carrots; dollop yogurt mixture over top. Sprinkle with cilantro and/or mint; serve immediately.
- Serving size: 1/6 of roasted carrots, 4 Tbsp carrot puree, 4 tsp yogurt