Sweet Potato Quick Bread with Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 cup(s) cooked sweet potato(es), mashed (without peel)
- 1/2 cup(s) regular liquid egg substitute
- 2/3 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar, dark variety
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp roasted pumpkin seed kernels, salted and roasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both types of flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, place mashed sweet potato, egg substitute, applesauce, sugar, oil and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed, until well-combined, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined; pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle top with pumpkin seeds. Bake until a tester inserted in center of bread comes out clean, about 60 to 70 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan. Slice into 12 pieces and serve. Yields 1 slice per serving.