Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Total Time
Sweet potatoes and a bit of spice turn ordinary pancakes into something spectacular. Substitute canned pumpkin for the sweet potato if you're short on time.
incomplete dry buckwheat pancake mix¾ cup(s)
cooked sweet potato(es)½ large, or 1 small, peeled and pureed (1/2 cup)
apple juice¾ cup(s)
pumpkin pie spice1 tsp
low fat vanilla yogurt½ cup(s)
reduced-calorie pancake syrup2 Tbsp
fresh blueberries¼ cup(s)
pumpkin butter⅓ cup(s)
- Stir together pancake mix, sweet potato, juice and spice.
- In a separate bowl stir together pumpkin butter, yogurt and syrup.
- Warm a large, nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-low heat.
- Ladle out batter in small batches (about 2 tablespoons). Cook pancakes until nicely browned on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve: top pancakes with pumpkin butter mixture. Garnish with berries. Yields three pancakes and about 3 1/2 tablespoons topping per serving.