Summer Vegetable Frittata
- Total Time
egg white(s)4 large
fat free skim milk2 Tbsp
table salt¾ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
olive oil2 tsp
uncooked red onion(s)½ small, finely chopped
garlic clove(s)1 medium clove(s), minced
uncooked bell pepper(s)1 item(s), medium, red variety, diced
uncooked string beans¼ pound(s), trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
fresh tomato(es)1 small, chopped
frozen corn kernels½ cup(s), fresh or frozen
basil1 Tbsp, finely chopped fresh
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper in medium bowl.
- Heat oil in 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and green beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add tomato, corn, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Spread vegetables evenly in skillet.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and spread evenly over vegetables. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until edges are set, about 4 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and bake just until set in center, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle frittata with basil. Cut into 4 wedges.
- Per serving: 1 wedge