- 1 medium uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 4 piece(s) corn, kernels removed with a knife
- 1 small sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 4 oz uncooked Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), thickly sliced
Pierce potato in several places with a fork; microwave on high power until tender, turning over once, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool; peel and mash.
Meanwhile, coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add corn, red pepper, celery and onion; sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
Stir bacon and milk into saucepan; stir in mashed potato and mix well. Season with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; stir to combine. Cover and simmer 10 minutes (do not allow to boil); serve garnished with scallions. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
- Feel free to substitute your favorite fresh vegetables like asparagus and broccoli for the red pepper. Or to save time, substitute 2 cups of frozen corn and 1 cup of frozen, diced bell pepper for the fresh corn and red pepper.