Steak sandwiches with feta sauce
1 medium, thinly sliced
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, red or green variety, cut into thin strips
Crumbled feta cheese
1 medium clove(s), minced
Fresh lemon juice
Uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak
1 pound(s), thinly sliced
Reduced calorie hot dog bun(s)
4 item(s), toasted
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in medium skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 5–7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree feta, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, and 1 teaspoon oil in food processor. Set aside.
- Sprinkle steak with remaining ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and Worcestershire sauce and cook, stirring frequently, until steak is just pink, 2–3 minutes, or to desired degree of doneness.
- Divide steak evenly among buns and top evenly with onion mixture. Drizzle each sandwich with 2 tablespoons feta sauce.
- Per serving (1 sandwich)