Begin your day with this Mexican-inspired meal. Use leftover steak from the night before or swap in deli-sliced roast beef.
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 6 large egg white(s)
- 4 large egg(s)
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper(s), chopped
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 3/4 cup(s) fat free salsa, divided
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 medium whole wheat tortilla(s)
- 6 oz cooked lean flank steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a small baking sheet with cooking spray. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, beat together egg whites and eggs. Add red pepper, scallions, 1/4 cup salsa, cilantro, paprika, salt and black pepper; stir well.
Warm skillet over medium-low heat; pour in egg mixture and increase heat to medium. Let eggs partially set and then scramble using a spatula. When eggs are set but still slightly glossy, remove from heat (eggs will be soft scrambled and not completely cooked).
Spoon 1/4 egg mixture onto center of a tortilla; top with 1 1/2 ounce steaks and 1 tablespoon cheese. Fold in bottom and top of tortilla; fold in sides to form burrito. Place seam-side down on prepared baking sheet; repeat with remaining ingredients.
Bake burritos until very hot and eggs are fully cooked, about 5 minutes; serve with remaining salsa on the side. Yields 1 burrito and 2 tablespoons salsa per serving.