Steak and Egg Burrito
- Total Time
Begin your day with this Mexican-inspired meal. Use leftover steak from the night before or swap in deli-sliced roast beef.
cooking spray2 spray(s)
egg white(s)6 large
sweet red pepper(s)½ medium, chopped
uncooked scallion(s)2 medium, sliced
fat free salsa¾ cup(s), divided
cilantro1 Tbsp, finely chopped
table salt½ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground
whole wheat tortilla(s)4 medium
cooked lean flank steak6 oz, cut into bite-size pieces
WeightWatchers Reduced Fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese¼ cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a small baking sheet with cooking spray. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together egg whites and eggs. Add red pepper, scallions, 1/4 cup salsa, cilantro, paprika, salt and black pepper; stir well.
- Warm skillet over medium-low heat; pour in egg mixture and increase heat to medium. Let eggs partially set and then scramble using a spatula. When eggs are set but still slightly glossy, remove from heat (eggs will be soft scrambled and not completely cooked).
- Spoon 1/4 egg mixture onto center of a tortilla; top with 1 1/2 ounce steaks and 1 tablespoon cheese. Fold in bottom and top of tortilla; fold in sides to form burrito. Place seam-side down on prepared baking sheet; repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake burritos until very hot and eggs are fully cooked, about 5 minutes; serve with remaining salsa on the side. Yields 1 burrito and 2 tablespoons salsa per serving.