This frittata highlights some of spring’s best vegetables, deliciously seasoned with fresh lemon juice, zest and dill.
- 3 large egg(s)
- 6 large egg white(s)
- 3 Tbsp dill, fresh, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 3 spray(s) cooking spray, divided
- 1/2 pound(s) uncooked asparagus, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 pound(s) uncooked sugar snap peas, trimmed, sliced in half
- 1 item(s) lemon(s), juiced and zested
In a medium bowl, beat eggs and egg whites with dill, salt and pepper until frothy; set aside.
Coat a large omelet pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and sugar snap peas; sauté, tossing constantly, until tender crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove vegetables to another bowl and toss with lemon juice and zest; set aside.
Off heat, coat pan with cooking spray again; heat over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add egg mixture and then reduce heat to medium. Tilt pan to cover entire surface evenly with eggs; cook for 2 minutes. Top with vegetables; cook until eggs are set, tilting pan a few times so uncooked egg moves to sides of pan, about 2 to 3 minutes more. (Or finish under broiler if you are using an oven-safe pan). Slice into 4 pieces and serve.
Serving size: 1 piece