Spinach-Stuffed Chicken with Arugula Salad
1 small, chopped
Crumbled feta cheese
1 tsp, grated
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), 4 (1/4-pound) cutlets
6 cup(s), baby variety
Low fat red wine vinaigrette salad dressing
- Place steamer basket in pot over 1 inch of boiling water. Add spinach, in batches, turning with tongs and steaming until wilted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate to cool. Squeeze spinach dry and transfer to medium bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, feta, lemon zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to spinach and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining ½ teaspoon salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on work surface and arrange spinach mixture evenly over top of chicken. Roll chicken up to enclose filling and secure rolls with wooden toothpicks.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, combine arugula and salad dressing in large bowl and toss to coat. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates. Remove and discard toothpicks from chicken and cut each chicken breast into 6 slices. Arrange chicken next to salad.
- Per serving (1 stuffed chicken breast and 1½ cups salad)