Spinach, caramelized onion, & tomato quiche
3 medium, chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
Chopped frozen spinach
10 oz, thawed and squeezed dry
Pizza dough mix
10 oz, refrigerated
2 large, lightly beaten
1 large, lightly beaten
Fat free evaporated milk
Light sour cream
⅛ tsp, freshly ground
Reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
12 medium, halved or left whole
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in oil, then add onions, garlic, and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are lightly golden, about 8 minutes. Add spinach and cook 2 minutes longer. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Then spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
- On a lightly floured work surface, shape dough into a 4-inch circle. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and let rest 10 minutes. Roll dough to an 11-inch circle. Into pie plate, fit dough and flute edges.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and egg white. Whisk in milk, sour cream, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Sprinkle Monterey Jack over bottom of pie crust. Top evenly with spinach mixture, then pour in egg mixture. On top of quiche, arrange tomato halves, cut side up, or whole tomatoes. On a baking sheet, place quiche and bake until center is just set, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Serving size: 1/6 of quiche