Spinach and Cheddar Frittata
- 4 large egg(s)
- 2 large egg white(s)
- 1 cup(s) fresh spinach, fresh, baby leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s), shredded fat-free hard or semi-soft cheese, Cheddar variety
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs and egg whites; stir in spinach, scallion, salt and pepper.
- Coat a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook until partially set, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs. Place skillet in oven and bake until cheese softens and eggs firm up, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 1 minute before cutting into 8 wedges. Yields 2 wedges per serving.