Spicy Stuffed Tomatoes
- Total Time
uncooked onion(s)⅓ cup(s), chopped, yellow variety (finely chopped)
jalapeño pepper(s)2 Tbsp, finely chopped
extra virgin olive oil1 tsp
dried plain breadcrumbs½ cup(s)
plum tomato(es)6 medium, cut in half
WW Light jalapeno string cheese6 stick(s), shredded or chopped finely
grated Parmesan cheese2 Tbsp
table salt½ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat oil; add onion and jalapeño, and sauté until onions are translucent and lightly golden. Remove and cool down slightly.
- With a melon baller, scoop out the seeds from the middle of the tomatoes halves; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, gently combine cheese, onions, jalapeño peppers, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs, saving some grated cheese for topping later.
- On a sheet pan lined with parchment pepper, place tomato halves and fill each with the filling mixture. Sprinkle the tops of your filled tomatoes with a light layer of the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake about 12–15 minutes or until the tops are nicely browned.
- Serving size: 2 halves