Apple-stuffed french toast casserole
4 large, honeycrisp, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
Unpacked light brown sugar
1½ tsp, divided
Fresh lemon juice
5 large egg(s)
Cinnamon raisin swirl bread
9 slice(s), halved diagonally
- Combine apples, sugar, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice in a glass bowl; cover and microwave until apples soften, about 4 minutes on high.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs, milk, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt in shallow bowl.
- Spray insert e of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Dip 10 bread halves in egg mixture until coated well on both sides. Arrange in overlapping circle on bottom of slow cooker; spoon cooked apples on top to form even layer.
- Dip remaining 8 bread halves in egg mixture and arrange in a wreath shape around edge of slow cooker, leaving apple mixture showing in center. Pour egg mixture remaining in bowl evenly over top. Cover and cook 2 hours on Low.
- Serving size: about 3/4 cup