- Total Time
If Southwestern flavors aren't your thing, make a few substitutions. Instead of cheddar cheese and salsa, make it with part-skim mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce.
olive oil1 tsp
egg white(s)2 large
table salt¼ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
uncooked onion(s)½ medium, chopped
sweet red pepper(s)¼ medium, seeded and sliced
green pepper(s)¼ medium, seeded and sliced
WeightWatchers Reduced Fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese¼ cup(s)
fat free salsa2 Tbsp
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until frothy.
- Sauté onion and peppers until softened, about 5 minutes. Slowly pour in egg mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Cook, stirring gently, until slightly firm, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slide frittata onto a plate and turn it over. Slide back into pan to finish cooking, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Cut frittata in half and roll up burrito-style. Serve topped with salsa.