Smoky Orange-BBQ Shrimp Skewers
3 Tbsp, chipotle-variety
2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
1 tsp, plus extra for garnish
fresh orange juice
apple cider vinegar
1 pound(s), extra large, fresh or thawed frozen, peeled and deveined*
3 spray(s), divided
2 Tbsp, sliced
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together barbecue sauce, cilantro, orange zest and juice, vinegar and cumin. Add shrimp and toss to coat; let marinate at least 10 minutes.
- Off heat, coat grill rack with cooking spray; heat grill.
- Thread 5 or 6 shrimp onto each of four 12-inch metal or wooden skewers and brush with sauce remaining in bowl; lightly coat skewers with cooking spray.
- Grill skewers, turning as needed, just until shrimp are cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to serving plates or a platter; sprinkle with scallions and orange zest (optional). Yields 1 skewer (5 to 6 shrimp) per serving.