A quick and easy main course. The chipotle barbecue sauce's heat is mellowed by the sweetness of the orange juice.
- 3 Tbsp barbecue sauce, chipotle-variety
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp orange zest, plus extra for garnish
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, extra large, fresh or thawed frozen, peeled and deveined*
- 3 spray(s) cooking spray, divided
- 2 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), sliced
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together barbecue sauce, cilantro, orange zest and juice, vinegar and cumin. Add shrimp and toss to coat; let marinate at least 10 minutes.
Off heat, coat grill rack with cooking spray; heat grill.
Thread 5 or 6 shrimp onto each of four 12-inch metal or wooden skewers and brush with sauce remaining in bowl; lightly coat skewers with cooking spray.
Grill skewers, turning as needed, just until shrimp are cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to serving plates or a platter; sprinkle with scallions and orange zest (optional). Yields 1 skewer (5 to 6 shrimp) per serving.
- *about 21 to 25 shrimp per poundGarnish with orange zest, if desired.