- 1 pound(s) uncooked turkey sausage(s), hot-Italian variety
- 15 oz canned pinto beans, undrained
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, with chilies, undrained
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, with garlic and onions, undrained
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
Remove sausage from casing and place in a 4-quart or large slow cooker; break up meat with a spoon. Add beans, both cans of diced tomatoes with their liquid and onion; stir.
Cover slow cooker; cook on low setting for 5 to 6 hours. Stir in salt and pepper; garnish with chopped onion if desired and serve. Yields about 1 1/2 cups chili per serving.
- You might find raw Italian turkey sausage in links; four links are about 1 pound. Use two cans of diced tomatoes with chiles if you prefer a very spicy dish.