Slow Cooker Pork Chili Verde
Lean boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
1 large, chopped
3 medium, seeded and chopped
5 medium clove(s), grated
1 medium, seeded and chopped
1 pound(s), husks removed, quartered
Canned pinto beans
15 oz, rinsed and drained
Frozen corn kernels
1 cup(s), fire-roasted variety
Shredded red cabbage
1 cup(s), or green cabbage
½ cup(s), leaves
Crumbled queso fresco cheese
4 medium, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, and oregano; rub all over pork loin. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; sear pork on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer pork to a slow cooker; add onion, poblanos, garlic, jalapeno, and tomatillos. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Shred pork in slow cooker using two forks; stir in beans and corn. Let warm for 20-30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- To serve, top each portion with 2 Tbsp cabbage, 1 Tbsp cilantro, 1 Tbsp queso fresco, and a few radish slices.
- Serving size: 1 c chili with 1/4 c garnish