Slow cooker poached eggs ranchero
No salt added canned crushed tomatoes
28 oz, fire roasted
Fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
¾ cup(s), chopped, yellow or white
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 item(s), stemmed, seeded and chopped
Store-bought adobo sauce
2 tsp, from can
12 item(s), large
- In the insert of a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, mix tomatoes, broth, onion, chile powder, cumin, chipotle, adobo sauce, garlic, sugar and salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. The stew can stay on the keep-warm setting at this point for up to 3 hours.
- Turn slow cooker to high; cover and cook for 10 minutes, until bubbling.
- One at a time, crack eggs into a small cup or ramekin; slip them into sauce, creating a small well with lip of cup or ramekin as eggs are put into the sauce. Use only as many eggs at one time as will fit without touching (4 – 6, depending on the shape of your model). Cover and cook on high for 5 - 6 minutes, until whites are set but yolks are runny.
- Use a large slotted spoon to transfer the eggs to serving bowls; cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Divide the sauce among the eggs to serve.
- Serving size: 2 eggs and 3/4 cup sauce.