Slow cooker Cuban pork
2 medium, navel, cut into supremes, any juice reserved
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, chopped
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, green, stemmed, cored, and chopped
Fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp, drained, rinsed and chopped
1 Tbsp, chopped
1 Tbsp, minced (even better to use grapefruit zest)
Uncooked lean and fat pork loin
2 pound(s), center-cut, boneless
- Mix the orange supremes, any juice, the onion, bell pepper, olives, raisins, lime juice, capers, oregano, grapefruit zest, cumin, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and bay leaves in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; set over medium heat. Add the pork; cook, turning occasionally, until well browned, about 7 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker, nestling the meat into the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, or until the pork is cooked through.
- Transfer the pork to a carving board; let stand for 5 minutes. Slice into eight even rounds. Serve with the sauce in bowls.
- Serving size: 1 slice pork loin with 6 tablespoons sauce and vegetables.
- NOTE: The pork loin can still be cut into proper slices after 5 hours. More than that and the pork will start to chunk and shred, like pulled pork. While it will taste just as good, the aesthetics may be a bit off.