Slow Cooker Ancho Chicken Chili
- Total Time
Family and friends will never guess the secret to this spicy chili! Powdered peanut butter and ancho chili powder give incredible flavor to this so-easy dish.
uncooked onion(s)1 large, diced
sweet red pepper(s)1 large, diced
poblano chile1 small, diced
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast30 oz, (six 5 oz. breasts)
canned chicken broth1 cup(s)
canned tomato puree1 cup(s)
garlic clove(s)2 clove(s), medium, minced
powdered peanut butter3 Tbsp
dried ancho pepper(s)⅔ oz, (4 tsp)
ground cumin2 tsp
chili powder2 tsp
kosher salt1 tsp
dried oregano½ tsp
fresh lime juice1 Tbsp
Weight Watchers Reduced fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese¼ cup(s)
- Place onion and peppers in bottom of slow cooker.
- Top with chicken breasts.
- Mix together broth, tomato puree, garlic, PB2, ancho chili powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and oregano.
- Pour mixture over chicken and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken breasts from liquid and shred with two forks.
- Return to sauce and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Top each serving or taco with 2 tsp Weight Watchers Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese.