Skewered Sesame Meatballs with Sweet-Sour Sauce
- Total Time
Be sure to roll the turkey mixture into firm, round meatballs to help them hold their shape when skewered.
uncooked ground turkey breast1 pound(s)
canned water chestnut(s)7 oz, whole, drained and finely chopped
dried plain breadcrumbs¼ cup(s)
egg white(s)2 large
low sodium soy sauce2 Tbsp
uncooked shallot(s)2 small, finely chopped
ginger root1 Tbsp, fresh, minced
sesame seeds1 Tbsp
snow peas3 oz, trimmed
sweet & sour sauce¾ cup(s)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a jelly-roll pan with nonstick spray.
- To make the meatballs, combine the turkey, water chestnuts, bread crumbs, egg whites, soy sauce, shallot, and ginger in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Shape the mixture into 36 meatballs and place in the pan. Sprinkle the meatballs with the sesame seeds. Lightly spray with nonstick spray. Bake until the meatballs are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the snow peas and boil for 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking. Drain again.
- Bend a snow pea in half and thread onto a wooden pick, then skewer a meatball onto the same pick. Repeat with the remaining 35 snow peas and 35 meatballs. Pile the skewers onto a platter and serve the dipping sauce alongside. Yields 3 meatballs per serving.