Silver dollar pancakes with warm raspberry sauce
whole-grain wheat flour
fat free skim milk
sweetened frozen red raspberries
1 cup(s), thawed
powdered sugar (confectioner's)
- Spray a griddle or large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine both flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a fork and set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together milk and egg whites. Add to flour mixture and whisk until almost smooth (ignore small lumps).
- Ladle 1 heaping tablespoon batter onto hot griddle for each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear around the edges, 2 minutes. Flip and cook 1 minute. Transfer to a warm plate and keep warm in a 250ºF oven while cooking remaining pancakes.
- To prepare sauce: combine raspberries, powdered sugar, cornstarch and vanilla in a small saucepan. Set pan over medium heat and simmer until raspberries break down and sauce thickens, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour sauce through a fine sieve to remove seeds. Serve pancakes with warm sauce on top. Yields about 4 pancakes and 2 tablespoons sauce per serving.