Shrimp, Pepper & Snap Pea Sauté
- Total Time
Serve this over cooked cauliflower rice or cooked rice stick noodle.
fat free chicken broth¾ cup(s)
low sodium soy sauce2 Tbsp, divided
cornstarch1 ½ tsp
dry sherry1 tsp
uncooked shrimp1 pound(s), large, peeled, deveined
cooking spray4 spray(s)
sweet red pepper(s)1 large, cut into thin strips
yellow pepper(s)1 large, cut into thin strips
uncooked sugar snap peas1 cup(s), strings removed
jalapeño pepper(s)1 small, seeded and minced
uncooked scallion(s)4 medium, minced (plus extra for garnish)
minced garlic1 ½ Tbsp
minced ginger1 ½ Tbsp
cilantro½ cup(s), chopped
sesame oil¼ tsp
garlic chili paste⅛ tsp, or to taste
- Combine broth and 1 Tbsp soy sauce in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornstarch, remaining 1 Tbsp soy sauce and sherry. Add shrimp and toss to coat; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add peppers, snap peas and jalapeño; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add scallions, garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and any liquid in bowl to skillet; stir-fry until shrimp are pink and opaque, 2-3 minutes
- Add broth mixture; cook, stirring a few times, until sauce thickens a little, 1 minute. Stir in cilantro and oil; garnish with optional chili garlic paste and chopped scallions.
- Serving size: 1 c