Shrimp and Chicken Jambalaya
1 medium, sweet, chopped
Green bell pepper
1 medium, chopped
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
8 oz, cut into bite-size pieces
Canned stewed tomatoes
29 oz, undrained
12 oz, peeled and deveined
Hot pepper sauce
Cooked long grain brown rice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken; cook, stirring, until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice; continue cooking until liquid is almost absorbed and rice is thoroughly heated, about 2 minutes.
- Serving size: about 1 cup