Shredded potato and carrot latkes
1 pound(s), russet, peeled and grated
½ pound(s), peeled and grated
1 small, grated
1 tsp, or orange zest
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Line a colander with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Add grated potatoes, carrots, and onion; let drain, then squeeze out any liquid with your hands.
- In a large bowl, mix egg, flour, zest, salt, and pepper; add potato mixture and stir to combine.
- Drop potato mixture in mounds, using a 1/4 cup measure, onto prepared baking sheets. Press each one slightly to flatten into a 3-inch round (about 1/4-inch thick).
- Coat tops of latkes with cooking spray; bake for 15 minutes. Rotate pans in oven and bake until browned and crispy, about 15 minutes more.
- Serving size: 1 latke (pancake)