- 8 medium uncooked red potato(es), peeled and quartered
- 5 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup(s), shredded shredded fat free mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 12 oz uncooked ground turkey breast
- 2 cup(s) uncooked zucchini, or yellow summer squash, sliced
- 14 1/2 oz canned tomatoes, chunky pasta-style, undrained
- 6 oz canned tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place potatoes in a large pot and fill with just enough water to cover potatoes. Boil until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes and place back in pot. Add 2 teaspoons of oil, milk, 1/4 cup of cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Mash until fluffy; set aside.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining tablespoon of oil and heat until it shimmers. Add onion and turkey, and cook until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes; drain off any fat. Stir in zucchini or squash, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper; bring to a boil.
Coat an 8 1/2- X 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray; fill with turkey mixture. Spread potato mixture on top of turkey mixture, covering it completely. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake until potato mixture is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces.