Sheet pan salmon with crispy kale and potatoes
Fresh lemon juice
2 medium clove(s), finely chopped, divided
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
½ tsp, or to taste, divided
¼ tsp, freshly ground, or to taste, divided
Uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)
12 oz, quartered
4 tsp, divided
12 oz, Tuscan variety, ribs and stems removed, leaves torn into large pieces
Crushed red pepper flakes
½ tsp, divided
Uncooked farmed salmon fillet(s) with or without skin
12 oz, four 3 oz pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk 1 Tbsp lemon juice and a pinch garlic into yogurt; season to taste and set aside.
- Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet; toss with 2 tsp oil and season to taste. Roast, tossing occasionally, until potatoes are well-browned and cooked through, 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss kale with crushed red pepper, remaining chopped garlic and 1 tsp oil; season to taste and place on prepared pan in an even layer.
- When potatoes are done cooking, remove from oven; place salmon over potatoes on pan in a single layer. Drizzle salmon with remaining tsp oil; sprinkle with salt, black pepper and red pepper. Put kale in oven at same time as salmon; bake until crispy at edges, 5-8 minutes. Bake salmon until it begins to brown around edges and is just cooked through, 5–8 minutes (depending on thickness). Serve with reserved yogurt and a fresh squeeze of lemon.
- Serving size: 3 oz salmon, 3/4 c kale, 1/2 c potatoes, 1/4 c yogurt