Sesame chicken and bok choy stir-fry
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
¾ pound(s), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch strips
2 tsp, divided
Dark sesame oil
1 tsp, divided
1 small, cut into thin strips
1 Tbsp, fresh, grated
Uncooked bok choy
5 cup(s), sliced crosswise 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thick
Low sodium soy sauce
- Toss chicken with cornstarch in a medium bowl until coated.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon canola oil and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil. Add chicken and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes; remove to a plate.
- Heat remaining teaspoon canola oil in same skillet. Add onion and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until golden and almost tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in ginger and garlic; cook a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add bok choy and water; stir-fry over medium-high heat until bok choy is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add chicken back to skillet; pour in soy sauce and cook, stirring, until chicken is hot, about 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil; toss to coat. Add a few tablespoons more water if you prefer a thinner sauce. Yields about 1 cup per serving.