Sautéed Chicken with Artichokes, Olives, and Oregano
- Total Time
This skillet dinner features simple sun-drenched flavors of the Mediterranean.
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)1 pound(s), four 4 oz thinly-sliced cutlets
dried oregano1 tsp
sea salt⅛ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground
olive oil2 tsp
reduced-sodium chicken broth¾ cup(s)
canned artichoke hearts without oil14 oz, drained and halved
olive(s)10 medium, kalamata, pitted, halved
fresh lemon juice2 Tbsp
fresh parsley2 Tbsp, flat-leaf, chopped
- Sprinkle the chicken with the oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving plate; cover and keep warm.
- Add the broth, artichoke hearts, olives, and lemon juice to the skillet; bring to a boil, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the liquid is reduced slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, then spoon the sauce over the chicken.