Salmon Niçoise Salad with Lemon-Caper Dressing
- Total Time
This salad boasts a fantastic homemade lemon-caper dressing. Double the dressing recipe to drizzle over grilled vegetables later in the week.
fresh lemon juice4 ½ Tbsp
uncooked shallot(s)1 ½ small, minced
capers2 Tbsp, rinsed, drained
extra virgin olive oil1 ½ Tbsp
water1 ½ Tbsp
Dijon Mustard2 tsp
uncooked new potato(es)¾ pound(s), sliced 1/3-inch thick
uncooked string beans8 oz, trimmed
uncooked farmed salmon fillet(s) with or without skin8 oz, (but with skin recommended)
table salt⅛ tsp
lettuce4 cup(s), chopped
fresh tomato(es)2 small, cut into wedges
whole hard boiled egg(s)2 item(s), peeled, sliced
olive(s)12 medium, Niçoise variety
- To make dressing, put lemon juice, shallot, capers, oil, water and mustard in a blender container; puree and set aside.
- Put about 3-inches salted water in a large pot; bring to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes; reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender, 7-10 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a bowl with a slotted spoon; toss with 1 Tbsp dressing and let cool.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water; set aside.
- Put green beans in same large pot; simmer until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to ice water with a slotted spoon; cool and then drain.
- Put salmon in a steamer basket; sprinkle with salt. Set steamer over simmering water; cover and steam fish until just opaque in center, 8-10 minutes.
- While salmon cooks, divide lettuce, potatoes, string beans, tomatoes, eggs and olives among 4 plates; top each with 2 oz salmon and drizzle each with about 2 1/2 Tbsp dressing.
- Serving size: 1 salad.