- 4 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 small uncooked shallot(s), minced
- 2 Tbsp capers, rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 pound(s) uncooked new potato(es), sliced 1/3-inch thick
- 8 oz uncooked string beans, trimmed
- 8 oz uncooked farmed salmon fillet(s) with or without skin, (but with skin recommended)
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 4 cup(s), chopped lettuce
- 2 small fresh tomato(es), cut into wedges
- 2 item(s) whole hard boiled egg(s), peeled, sliced
- 12 medium olive(s), Niçoise variety
To make dressing, put lemon juice, shallot, capers, oil, water and mustard in a blender container; puree and set aside.
Put about 3-inches salted water in a large pot; bring to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes; reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender, 7-10 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a bowl with a slotted spoon; toss with 1 Tbsp dressing and let cool.
Fill a large bowl with ice water; set aside.
Put green beans in same large pot; simmer until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to ice water with a slotted spoon; cool and then drain.
Put salmon in a steamer basket; sprinkle with salt. Set steamer over simmering water; cover and steam fish until just opaque in center, 8-10 minutes.
While salmon cooks, divide lettuce, potatoes, string beans, tomatoes, eggs and olives among 4 plates; top each with 2 oz salmon and drizzle each with about 2 1/2 Tbsp dressing.
Serving size: 1 salad.