Rosemary Roast Lamb with Mediterranean Vegetables
- Total Time
Roasted lamb and vegetables make a wonderful Easter meal. We tossed in some potatoes, too, to complete your dinner.
uncooked lean and trimmed lamb leg(s)2 pound(s)
garlic clove(s)3 clove(s), medium, thickly sliced
uncooked baby carrots½ pound(s)
uncooked new potato(es)¾ pound(s), baby-variety
uncooked red onion(s)1 large, sliced into wedges
yellow pepper(s)1 medium, cut into large chunks
sweet red pepper(s)1 medium, cut into large chunks
uncooked zucchini2 medium, sliced into large chunks
uncooked asparagus¼ pound(s)
rosemary sprig2 item(s), broken into small sprigs, or to taste
table salt⅛ tsp, or more to taste
black pepper⅛ tsp, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place lamb in a roasting pan large enough to hold both lamb and vegetables. Use a sharp knife to make small slits all over surface of lamb; place garlic slices in slits. Roast for 1 hour.
- Remove pan from oven and add carrots and potatoes. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Add all remaining vegetables, except asparagus*, to pan so that they surround lamb. Add rosemary sprigs and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes more.
- Remove pan from oven and place lamb on a carving board. Cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, flip vegetables over, add asparagus to pan and roast for 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Carve lamb and serve with roasted vegetables and potatoes.