Rosemary chicken with pears and leeks
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
20 oz, 4 (5-ounce) breasts
2 tsp, chopped fresh
2 large, firm, ripe, unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced
2 small, cleaned and thinly sliced, white and light green parts only
⅔ cup(s), dry variety, or reduced-sodium chicken broth
White balsamic vinegar
Red pepper flakes
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon of rosemary and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil to skillet. Arrange pears in skillet in single layer, cut side down. Add leeks to skillet and cook until pears are lightly browned on bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in wine, vinegar, honey, pepper flakes, remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook until pears are softened and liquid has reduced by about half, about 4 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in butter until melted. Serve chicken with pear mixture.
- Per serving: 1 chicken breast and 3/4 cup pear mixture