Rolled Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Total Time
Moist, tender chicken wrapped around smoked ham and gooey Swiss cheese — what could be better? Our version is delicious and healthy!
cooking spray4 spray(s), or enough to coat chicken
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)1 pound(s), four 4 oz pieces
cooked lean ham3 oz, four 3/4 oz slices
low-fat Swiss cheese3 oz, four 3/4 oz slices
all-purpose flour¼ cup(s)
honey mustard¼ cup(s)
seasoned breadcrumbs½ cup(s), Italian-style
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to 1/4-inch thickness; remove plastic wrap. Arrange 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on each chicken breast.
- Starting from shorter end of chicken, roll up breast into a tight pinwheel. Tuck in ends. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place flour, honey mustard and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Add chicken to flour; turn to coat. Transfer chicken to honey mustard; turn to coat. Place chicken in bread crumbs; turn to coat.
- Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 40 minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve.