Roasted whole fish with pepita pesto
Unsalted pumpkin seeds without shells
Fresh mint leaves
1 cup(s), lightly packed
1 cup(s), fresh leaves, lightly packed
2 item(s), seeded and finely chopped
3 medium clove(s), finely chopped
Fresh lime juice
Extra virgin olive oil
Uncooked branzino (sea bass) fillet(s)
1½ pound(s), or red snapper, 2 (1 1/2-pound) whole fish, cleaned and scaled
1 item(s), cut into wedges
- 1 Preheat oven to 450°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- 2 Set small skillet over medium heat. Add pepitas and toast, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate to cool.
- 3 To make pesto, puree pepitas, mint, cilantro, serranos, garlic, lime juice, oil, salt, and pepper in mini–food processor.
- 4 Cut 4 crosswise slits on each side of fish to bone; rub all sides and cavities with pesto. Transfer fish to prepared baking sheet. Roast just until opaque in center, 15–20 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
- Serving size: (1/3 of a fish)