Roasted vegetable & herb stuffing
9 oz, cut in 1/2-in dice
Raw butternut squash
1 pound(s), peeled, cut in 1/2-in dice
1 pound(s), quartered if large, halved if small
2 medium, Gala variety, cored, cut in 1/2-in dice
Uncooked fennel bulb
1 medium, coarsely chopped
4 medium, sliced
2 Tbsp, divided
¼ tsp, freshly ground
Uncooked turkey bacon
Fat free chicken broth
1 large egg(s), beaten
1½ tsp, chopped
1½ tsp, fresh, chopped
1½ tsp, chopped
1 Tbsp, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a shallow 2 1/2-qt baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place bread on a large rimmed baking sheet and coat with cooking spray; spread into an even layer and bake until toasted, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss squash, Brussels sprouts, apples, fennel, shallots, 1 Tbsp oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined; spread in a single layer over 2 large rimmed baking sheets and coat with cooking spray. Roast until browned and tender, stirring once and switching pans between oven racks halfway through baking, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat a large skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add bacon; cook until crisp, turning occasionally, 4-5 minutes. Drain on paper towels; coarsely chop.
- Spoon roasted vegetables into a large mixing bowl; add bread, bacon, remaining 1 Tbsp oil, broth, egg, thyme, rosemary and sage and stir well. Spoon stuffing into prepared baking dish; coat top with cooking spray. Cover with foil; bake until hot, about 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle evenly with pecans. Bake until top is crispy, about 10 minutes more; sprinkle with parsley.
- Serving size: 3/4 c