- 6 spray(s) cooking spray
- 9 oz sourdough bread, cut in 1/2-in dice
- 1 pound(s) uncooked butternut squash, peeled, cut in 1/2-in dice
- 1 pound(s) uncooked Brussels sprouts, quartered if large, halved if small
- 2 medium fresh apple(s), Gala variety, cored, cut in 1/2-in dice
- 1 medium uncooked fennel bulb(s), coarsely chopped
- 4 medium uncooked shallot(s), sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 slice(s) uncooked turkey bacon
- 1 5/8 cup(s) fat free chicken broth
- 1 large egg(s), beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a shallow 2 1/2-qt baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
Place bread on a large rimmed baking sheet and coat with cooking spray; spread into an even layer and bake until toasted, 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss squash, Brussels sprouts, apples, fennel, shallots, 1 Tbsp oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined; spread in a single layer over 2 large rimmed baking sheets and coat with cooking spray. Roast until browned and tender, stirring once and switching pans between oven racks halfway through baking, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, coat a large skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add bacon; cook until crisp, turning occasionally, 4-5 minutes. Drain on paper towels; coarsely chop.
Spoon roasted vegetables into a large mixing bowl; add bread, bacon, remaining 1 Tbsp oil, broth, egg, thyme, rosemary and sage and stir well. Spoon stuffing into prepared baking dish; coat top with cooking spray. Cover with foil; bake until hot, about 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle evenly with pecans. Bake until top is crispy, about 10 minutes more; sprinkle with parsley.
Serving size: 3/4 c