Roasted Vegetable and Tofu Napoleon
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 large uncooked red onion(s)
- 1 medium uncooked eggplant(s), peeled
- 1 medium uncooked zucchini
- 1 medium yellow pepper(s)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s)
- 1 pound(s) extra firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, chopped
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, about the juice from one lemon
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Slice onion in half and then cut each half into quarters. Slice eggplant, zucchini (slice diagonally) and peppers into 1/4-inch slices. Slice tofu across into 8 slices, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place onions on one half of a baking sheet and peppers on other half. Place eggplant and zucchini separately on second baking sheet. Coat tops of vegetables with cooking spray. Roast 15 minutes and then rotate baking sheets; roast 15 minutes more. Turn off oven and leave vegetables in oven to keep warm.
- Place rosemary, parsley and garlic in bowl of food processor. Add oil and lemon juice and blend until smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes; set aside.
- Spread herb mixture onto both sides of each tofu slice. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Place tofu in heated pan and brown both sides of tofu, about 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- To serve, place one slice of tofu on a plate. On top of tofu, stack one slice of eggplant, one slice of red pepper and one wedge of red onion; top with another slice of tofu and then top that with one slice each of yellow pepper and zucchini, and another piece of red onion. Drizzle with remaining herb mixture. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Yields one napoleon per serving.