Roasted tomato and tofu enchiladas
1 spray(s), or enough to coat skillet and pan
Canned black beans
15 oz, drained, rinsed and drained again
Burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)
4 item(s), large
1 small, chopped
Canned tomatoes with green chilis
29 oz, fire-roasted, diced
2 Tbsp, fresh, minced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-inch skillet with cooking spray.
- Drain tofu and dice into 1/2-inch cubes; add to skillet and brown over medium heat until firm and dry, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon tofu into mixing bowl and add beans, cumin, salt and pepper; mix well. Divide tofu mixture among 4 tortillas, arranging mixture down the center of each tortilla; fold sides into the center.
- Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Gently place filled tortillas, seam-side down, in pan. Set aside.
- Coat skillet with additional cooking spray. Add onion and sauté over medium heat, 2 to 3 minutes. Add undrained tomatoes and cook over high heat until tomato mixture thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Spoon tomato mixture over tortillas.
- Bake until thoroughly heated, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro, if desired. Yields 1 enchilada per serving.