Roasted Tomato Enchiladas
- Total Time
Fire-roasted tomatoes with chilies give these enchiladas an extra-special kick. If you can't handle the heat, substitute half for canned tomatoes with garlic.
cooking spray1 spray(s), or enough to coat skillet and pan
firm tofu15 oz
canned black beans15 oz, drained, rinsed and drained again
ground cumin¼ tsp
table salt¼ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)4 item(s), large
uncooked onion(s)1 small, chopped
canned tomatoes with green chilis29 oz, fire-roasted, diced
cilantro2 Tbsp, fresh, minced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-inch skillet with cooking spray.
- Drain tofu and dice into 1/2-inch cubes; add to skillet and brown over medium heat until firm and dry, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon tofu into mixing bowl and add beans, cumin, salt and pepper; mix well. Divide tofu mixture among 4 tortillas, arranging mixture down the center of each tortilla; fold sides into the center.
- Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Gently place filled tortillas, seam-side down, in pan. Set aside.
- Coat skillet with additional cooking spray. Add onion and sauté over medium heat, 2 to 3 minutes. Add undrained tomatoes and cook over high heat until tomato mixture thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Spoon tomato mixture over tortillas.
- Bake until thoroughly heated, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro, if desired. Yields 1 enchilada per serving.