This recipe from LIGHTEN UP, Y’ALL by Virginia Willis has been modified by Weight Watchers with permission.
- 4 large uncooked sweet potato(es), sliced, or 1 lb small, cut in 1/4-in-thick slices
- 3 medium pear(s), Bosc, cored and cut in 1/4-in-thick slices
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 6 sprig(s) fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 tsp kosher salt, coarse, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine potatoes and pears in a 2-quart gratin dish or ovenproof skillet. Pour butter over potatoes, sprinkle with thyme leaves, and season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
Transfer to oven; bake until potatoes are tender, gently stirring once, 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese; stir to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Serving size: rounded 1/2 c
- Consider covering the dish while baking to help potatoes cook faster.