Roasted salmon with chickpeas, zucchini, and red pepper
1½ tsp, smoked, sweet variety
¾ tsp, freshly ground
2 medium, cut into 1-in chunks
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 medium, chopped
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, thinly sliced
15½ oz, rinsed, patted dry
Extra virgin olive oil
4 tsp, divided
Uncooked skinless wild salmon fillet
1 pound(s), cut into 4 equal pieces
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp, for garnish
½ medium, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine paprika, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl; mix well to combine and set aside
- Combine zucchini, red pepper, onion and chickpeas on a large sheet pan (12- X 16-in); add 1 Tbsp oil and 4 tsp spice mixture. Toss well to coat evenly and then spread in a single layer; bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat salmon with remaining tsp oil and remaining spice mixture; set aside.
- Remove sheet pan from oven; toss vegetables with a spatula. Clear 4 spaces so the salmon can sit right on pan; nestle salmon in spaces. Return to oven; bake for another 10 minutes, or until salmon is cooked to your liking.
- To serve, dollop 1 Tbsp yogurt over each piece salmon; garnish with mint. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
- Serving size: 1 salmon filet and 1 cup vegetable mixture