Roasted salmon with chickpeas, zucchini, and red pepper
1½ tsp, smoked, sweet variety
¾ tsp, freshly ground
2 medium, cut into 1-in chunks
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 medium, chopped
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, thinly sliced
15½ oz, rinsed, patted dry
Extra virgin olive oil
4 tsp, divided
Uncooked skinless wild salmon fillet
1 pound(s), cut into 4 equal pieces
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp, for garnish
½ medium, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In small bowl, mix paprika, coriander, cumin, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- On large sheet pan (12 x 16 inches), toss zucchini, red pepper, onion, and chickpeas; add 1 tbsp oil and 4 tsp spice mixture. Toss again to coat and spread in a single layer; bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat salmon with remaining 1 tsp oil and remaining spice mixture.
- Remove sheet pan from oven; toss vegetables with spatula. Clear 4 spaces so salmon can sit right on pan; nestle salmon in spaces. Continue to bake until salmon is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, dollop 1 tbsp yogurt over each salmon fillet; garnish with mint. Serve with lemon wedges alongside.
- Serving size: 1 salmon filet and 1 cup vegetable mixture