Roasted Salmon with Chickpeas, Zucchini & Red Peppers
1½ tsp, smoked, sweet variety
2 medium, cut into ¾-inch chunks
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 medium, chopped
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, thinly sliced
15½ oz, rinsed, patted dry
Extra virgin olive oil
4 tsp, divided
Uncooked skinless wild salmon fillet
1 pound(s), cut into 4 equal pieces
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fresh mint leaves
½ medium, cut into thin wedges
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. In a small bowl, mix the paprika, coriander, cumin, salt, and black pepper until well combined.
- On a large sheet pan (16 by 12 inches), toss the zucchini, bell pepper, onion, and chickpeas. Add 1 tbsp of the oil and 4 tsp of the spice mix. Toss the vegetables and chickpeas again to coat and spread into a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Coat the fish with the remaining 1 tsp oil and the remaining spice mix. Remove the pan from the oven. Stir the vegetables, then clear 4 spaces among the vegetables so the fish can sit right on the pan. Arrange the fish on the pan. Continue to bake until the fillets are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Before serving, dollop 1 tbsp yogurt over each fillet. Garnish with the mint. Serve with the lemon wedges.
- Serving size: 1 fish fillet and 1 cup vegetable mixture