Soup shots are a clever way to serve soup at parties without having to pass around spoons.
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s), chopped uncooked onion(s), diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp paprika, smoked variety
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp fennel seed, ground
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) fat free chicken broth
- 4 cup(s) roasted red peppers (packed in water), rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint leaves, and/or cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers, for garnish
Coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray; set over medium-low heat. Add onion and sprinkle with salt; saute onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in ginger, garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, fennel and cinnamon; cook, stirring a few times, 1 minute.
Add broth, roasted peppers and vinegar; stir and bring to a simmer. Puree soup in pot using an immersion blender (or puree in a regular blender); serve garnished with mint and/or cilantro and capers.
Serving size: 1/2 c