Roasted Pears with Walnuts and Blue Cheese
- Total Time
Serve these pears as a side dish with roast chicken or pork, or over greens.
raw Bosc pear(s)4 large, ripe but firm, quartered, seeds removed
cooking spray5 spray(s)
chopped walnuts⅓ cup(s)
apple juice1 Tbsp
walnut oil1 tsp
white wine vinegar1 tsp
whole-grain mustard1 tsp
kosher salt¼ tsp
black pepper⅛ tsp, freshly ground
blue cheese3 Tbsp, crumbled
chives1 Tbsp, chopped
- Preheat oven to 475°F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange pear wedges, cut side up, on prepared pan; lightly coat both sides with cooking spray. Roast pears until just beginning to turn golden, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scatter walnuts on a separate pan; roast 5 minutes.
- Combine apple juice, oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- To serve, scatter walnuts and cheese over pears. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with chives.
- Serving size: 4 pieces pear, 4 tsp nuts, 1 Tbsp cheese, 1 1/2 tsp dressing