Roasted oysters with chimichurri and tomato-corn salad
½ cup(s), roughly chopped
¼ cup(s), flat leaf, roughly chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
Crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup(s), halved
Cooked frozen yellow corn
1 cup(s), or fresh corn kernels
1 Tbsp, minced
2 tsp, minced
¼ medium, cut into 2 wedges
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Place a large roasting pan on bottom rack to heat.
- To make chimichurri, combine cilantro, parsley, water, oil, garlic, red pepper, salt, and sugar in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. In a small bowl, toss together tomatoes, corn, shallot, and jalapeno; toss with 2 tbsp chimichurri and set aside.
- When ready to eat, remove hot pan from oven and pour in 1 cup of water, add oysters large/protruding side down and cover with foil. Return to oven to roast for 10-15 minutes or until oysters open. Remove oysters with a hot mitt and break off flat half. Discard any oysters that do not open.
- Mound 1 cup of salad on the center of each plate, surround with oysters on half-shells, drizzle with remaining chimichurri, and serve.
- Serving size: 6 oysters, 1 cup salad, and a drizzle chimichurri