Roasted madras curry cauliflower with raita
1 head(s), large, (about 2 lbs), cut into florets (about 8 cups)
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, cut into thin wedges
1 Tbsp, Madras variety
1 tsp, divided
1 tsp, divided (or to taste)
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 cup(s), shredded, water-squeezed out
Fresh mint leaves
3 Tbsp, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil, or regular foil coated with cooking spray, or just coat pan with cooking spray.
- Toss cauliflower and onion with oil on prepared pan; sprinkle with curry powder, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and 1/2 tsp salt. Toss vegetables; spread into an even layer.
- Roast vegetables, 15 minutes; remove from oven and toss. Roast until vegetables are golden in spots and tender, 10-15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, to make raita, combine yogurt, cucumber, mint, remaining ½ tsp cumin seeds and remaining ½ tsp salt in a medium bowl.
- Serve roasted vegetables topped with raita or serve on the side as a dip.
- Serving size: about 1 c vegetables and 3 Tbsp sauce