- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
- 1 tsp table salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large uncooked red onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1 medium uncooked fennel bulb(s), thinly sliced (reserve greens for garnish)
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 2 tsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Rub 1/2 teaspoon of salt and red pepper flakes on both sides of chicken.
Place onion and fennel on bottom of a roasting pan; place chicken on top. Add wine and roast until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; stir vegetables and place back in oven. Reduce oven to 325ºF; roast vegetables, uncovered, until completely caramelized, about 35 to 40 minutes more.
Roughly shred chicken with two forks.
When vegetables are done, remove pan from oven and add chicken; toss well to coat. Drizzle with oil and season to taste with remaining salt; toss to coat. Garnish with fennel greens. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- For a more colorful meal, add 4 julienned carrots with the fennel and onions. Finish the dish with a sprinkling of minced parsley.