Roasted cauliflower "steaks" with tomato-basil vinaigrette
1 head(s), large, (2 pounds)
1 tsp, grated
1 large, finely chopped
¼ cup(s), chopped fresh
2 Tbsp, unseasoned
Extra virgin olive oil
1 small clove(s), crushed through a press
½ oz, made into shavings with vegetable peeler
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- Trim green leaves and stem from cauliflower, leaving core intact so slices hold together. Cut cauliflower into 3/4-inch-thick slices.
- Spray large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower in batches and cook until browned in spots, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to prepared baking sheet in single layer. Spray cauliflower lightly with nonstick spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and lemon zest. Bake until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together tomato, basil, vinegar, oil, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Transfer cauliflower to serving platter and spoon tomato mixture on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan shavings.
- Per serving: 1/4 of cauliflower and about 2 tablespoons vinaigrette